Red Bull has a vast portfolio of elite athletes ranging from rugby players, cricketers, Olympic gymnasts, downhill mountain bikers and slope-style skiers in order to help the brand land ‘product consumption’ messaging in earned media. Our brief is to maximise Red Bull’s athlete portfolio, creating strong brand awareness around its association with sport over the calendar year, ensuring that Red Bull product or TV ‘consumption’ messaging is landed in all output
Unlike its competitors who focus on boosting endurance performance, Red Bull is effective for improving mental performance as it helps athletes focus and sharpen their minds before they compete.
To communicate this messaging credibly in all media interviews, Pitch ensured that Red Bull athletes were briefed to discuss their various mental preparation techniques in the run-up to their sporting events in all media interviews.
Quality over quantity approach
• Quality media days – Undertaking ‘immersive’ days with key ambassadors that allowed media to immerse themselves in the athletes’ pre event routines before being given the experience of trying the sport
• Quality coverage – Only placing interviews with titles who could guarantee the correct consumption message and deliver a Red Bull product message. Focussed on profile opportunities that explored athlete preparation, diet and ‘kit bag’ pages
In 2016 Pitch undertook the following activity:
• 4 immersive media days with Red Bull sponsored athletes
• PR support for 6 events
• Content distribution for 7 Red Bull videos
In 2016 Pitch delivered:
• 43 items of athlete profile coverage featuring product consumption messaging
• 55 items of coverage promoting Red Bull events
• 60 items of Red Bull branded content coverage