The National Basketball Association (NBA) today unveiled plans for “NBA House presented by BBVA”, an interactive fan experience and hospitality venue that will be held at the Cines Callao, Plaza de Callao in Madrid from September 9-14. Three-time NBA Champion Bruce Bowen will attend from September 9-11. Seven-time NBA Champion Robert Horry and 13-year NBA veteran Jalen Rose will attend from September 11-14.
NBA House presented by BBVA will see the iconic cinema transformed into over 9,000 square feet of basketball-themed activities showcasing the excitement of the NBA and the game of basketball, for fans young and old.
With a daily program of customized activities, fans will be able to take part in a range of basketball skills and challenges on a half-court specifically built for the space. Fans will also be able to meet and interact with NBA legends through signing sessions, clinics, and on-court competitions. With interactive displays, video highlights, official NBA Stores selling exclusive NBA merchandise, prizes, special guests and more, fans will get a comprehensive NBA experience.
For more information fans should visit Facebook/NBAEspana or follow @NBA_Spain on Twitter.
“As presenting partner of NBA House, BBVA, the official bank of the NBA, is proud to offer basketball fans what is sure to be a spectacular and innovative event right here in Madrid,” said Carlos Ricardo, Head of Sponsorship for the BBVA Group. “We will also have a range of surprises and exciting offers for BBVA customers, which will allow them to experience our sponsorship in a special way and enjoy this unforgettable experience.”
“NBA House presented by BBVA will be a destination for NBA fans to experience the excitement of the league first-hand in the heart of Madrid,” said Benjamin Morel, NBA Senior Vice President, Europe, Middle East and Africa. “NBA House offers a unique presentation of our teams and players in a truly iconic location, and we look forward to hosting fans and guests in a celebration of the game of basketball.”
“NBA House presented by BBVA is a one-stop destination for fans to interact with the NBA in a truly unique way,” said seven-time NBA Champion Robert Horry. “With so much to see and do, I look forward to meeting fans throughout the week and cannot wait to be in Madrid.”
Supported by a family of partners, NBA House presented by BBVA will include a series of interactive fan elements and customized activities including:
- BBVA – Knockout Competition, Fast Track entrance and BBVA VIP Areas
- adidas – Boost Your Game on-court experience, where fans have the exclusive opportunity to play in the new Crazylight Boost basketball shoe and meet adidas athletes
- Bilbao- Will introduce the world-known Basque culinary experience at NBA House with the presence of chefs and wines from the region of Bilbao
- Cisco – Face-to-face chats with NBA players from around the world via Cisco TelePresence HD video solution
- Eagle – Eagle Cam
- Foot Locker – The European final of the Foot Locker Three-Point Contest, bringing together top shooters from across Europe who have qualified throughout the Summer
- NBA 2K15 – Challenge a friend in the daily NBA 2K15 gaming tournament on the cinema screen. #YourTimeHasCome
- Additional partners include AS and broadcast partner Canal +