As the organising committee for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, LOCOG has leaned on Pitch for ongoing communications resource throughout the build-up to the greatest show on earth.
What we were asked to do
Pitch were responsible for creating and executing a communications campaign to ensure all tickets for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games sold out with more than 10 million tickets sold in total.
What we did
- Launched first phase of ticketing registration scheme for London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Developed and implemented a creative theme for launch events across the country.
- Created an international celebrity and athlete media outreach programme – whereby celebrities posed with the “Sign-up” board.
- Implemented extensive social media activity including National Twitter.
- 2.7million people registered their interest in tickets.
- 2 million people applied for a total of 22 million tickets.
- International superstars including David Beckham, Lionel Messi and Kobe Bryant endorsed the campaign free of charge.
- Athletes from all 26 Olympic sports participated in the campaign.
- Over 100 international media attended International Paralympic Day.
Team GB athletes appear in stunning Hello! photo shoot
Seven of Britain’s best-loved Olympians have appeared in a spectacular photo shoot. Working with Hello! magazine, Pitch devised the shoot …